Good day Brothers and Sisters
I’d like to introduce you to our newest member of the Local 110 Training team. After an extensive application process Sister Kassy McDowell has accepted our offer to become a Local 110 Training Coordinator.
Kassy has been a member of Local 110 since November 2008. She brings a background in teaching from her years as an instructor at NAIT for the Insulator program.
As Training Coordinator, Kassy will be working with Dan Annett to help make our Training Department as successful as possible. Kassy will be directly involved in these areas:
- Direct training of members for both trade specific and safety training.
- Providing study guides and help for apprenticeship training.
- Developing course curriculum for the Training Department.
- Researching and evaluating new product opportunities.
- Journeyman upgrading.
- Pre trades training.
- Trade shows and recruiting.
- Booking of outside training for members.
- Updating information on the Local 110 training website.
- Training trust administration and documentation.
I am confident that Kassy will be an asset to the Local and help in our efforts to keep the members of Local 110 the best trained, highest quality and most productive mechanical insulators in our industry.