Update: 5:30 p.m.
The safety of our people is our top priority.
At the direction of the Province, Suncor is moving workers from our MacKay River operations as well as lodges on the AOSTRA road to lodges north of that region. At this time, we are not relocating people from Base Plant, or the Borealis, Hudson or Millennium lodges.
Personnel who are being relocated will be relocated to a lodge at the Fort Hills site.
Instructions for personnel working at Base Plant and staying at a lodge along AOSTRA road are as follows:
Day shift (Base Plant)
- Personnel currently on day shift and staying at a lodge along AOSTRA road will catch a bus from site, for relocation to a lodge at Fort Hills.
- If you are expecting to travel home, bussing and flights are continuing.
Operations Night Shift (Base Plant)
- Collect your bag, check out of the lodge, board a bus to a lodge at Fort Hills.
Turnaround Night Shift (Base Plant)
- Collect your bag, check out of the lodge, board a bus. You will not report for your shift on site. You will be bused to a lodge at Fort Hills where you will check-in.
- All non-essential personnel will be moved to a lodge at Fort Hills.
- Essential personnel are conducting an orderly shutdown of MacKay River.
Assistance will be available at the lodges to direct personnel appropriately.
Air quality at Base Plant is being continuously monitored and remains good and below advisory levels; N95 dust masks are available for people if they have concerns, but both the particulate and Carbon Monoxide (CO) readings are within acceptable limits.
We understand this is a stressful situation, but we are prepared. The safety of our people remains our top priority.