Good day Brothers & Sisters,
The PITT Fund Trustees have started the process of hiring a Client and Contractor Liaison. This position is open to all Journeyman members of Local 110, only successful candidates will be contacted for interview. The full job description is below; however any questions please contact Business Manager Kevin Lecht at the Edmonton union hall (780) 426-2874. The dead line for applications is 4:00 pm December 4, 2016.
If interested please send resume and cover letter described below to PITT Fund Trustees care of Shannon Tilley at email@example.com
Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers Local 110 Client and Contractor Liaison
Local 110 PITT Fund Trustees and Local 110 Business Manager
Identify and recruit worker leaders from non-union operations who are in need of union representation. Direct contact with clients and non-signatory contractors regarding the benefits and utilization of a union workforce. Evaluate potential organizing targets, contact un-organized workers, develop leaders, mobilize members to support external organizing, plan and conduct campaigns. Liaise with Local 110 Organizing Committee.Promote Mechanical Insulation Trade, mechanical insulation system design, installation, maintenance. Performance = Skills Training & Certification, and Quality Assurance.
This is not a 9 to 5 job – it requires long and varied hours, including early morning, evening and weekend work (as necessary). This opportunity requires travel and periods of being away overnight for varied amounts of time. This is a Salary position.
• Know the services the union provides
• Have an understanding of the union certification process
• Research into a target company or sector: history, funding, ownership, and other relevant information.
• Demonstrate that the workers will be better able to resolve workplace issues of wages, benefits, and working conditions by forming a union
• Anticipate and neutralize doubts that workers have about forming unions before these fears and loyalties to the status quo are kindled by the employer
• Must travel
• Public Speaking
• Other duties as required.
• Journeyman member of the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers Local 110
• Both Verbal and Written Communication Skills
• Public Relations & Marketing
• Able to work in a team and self-motivated
• Effective Listening
• Creative Problem Solving
• Working Under Pressure
• Time Management and an ability to multi-task activities
• Confidence and Self Awareness
• Research Skills
• Computer Proficiency
• Thorough knowledge of Employment Standards, Labour Relations Code (Federal and Provincial),
• Valid Driver’s License
• Ability to obtain valid passport and travel to and from the United States
• Alberta resident or willing to relocate
• Must work irregular hours with travelling required
If interested please send resume and a cover letter outlining your perspective on the Client & Contractor Liaison Position and why you are the best applicant for the position, to PITT Fund Trustees care of Shannon Tilley at firstname.lastname@example.org