Good day Union Family,
The Training Trust has begun the process of hiring an additional Training Coordinator for Local 110. This position will be open to all Journeymen Members of Local 110. (Please see the full job description below) If you have any questions, please contact BM Kevin Lecht at 780-426-2874. The deadline for applications is 4:00pm Friday August 12th, 2022. If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to KimberlyM@insulators110.com. Please be advised that only successful candidates will be contacted for interview.
Job Title: Heat and Frost Insulators and Allied Workers Local 110 Training Coordinator
Reports to: Local 110 Business Manager
Summary: The Training Coordinator will be responsible for the ongoing, long-term improvement of members’ skills, the purpose of which is to enable our members to reach their full potential as insulators. They will also be involved in the development of potential members through the Pre-Trades program. Training for both will be provided directly via the Training Coordinator or where necessary, booked through an alternate provider, by the Training Coordinator.
Shall include, but are not limited to:
- Instructing the 8-week Pre-Trades course
- Instructing the 16-week High School Trades Program
- Delivering the Job Steward Courses, the Professional Craftsman Code of Conduct (PCCC) and Red Seal preparation courses
- Keeping Members’ certifications on file in Union Manager
- Answering Phone calls and inquiries from the front counter
- Booking training courses with outside providers as need be (i.e., H2S Alive)
- Assisting members who require extra help with trade Provincial Examinations
- Working with Apprenticeship and Industry Training to ensure Apprentices advance in a timely manner
- Attending Trade Shows, Career Fairs and Job Expos to promote Local 110
- Assist with online training such as CSTS, Online Orientations, Etc.
- Provide additional training in shop to members as needed
Successful applicants must possess the following:
- A Journeyman designation from the International Association of Heat and Frost Insulators.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- Time management skills.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Valid Passport (or ability to obtain one).
- Ability to problem solve.
- Listening skills.
- Confidence and self-awareness.
- Research skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Computer proficiency (familiarity with Windows OS-Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint would be an asset).
- Ability to travel.
- Willingness to work irregular hours.
- Background in Commercial and Industrial sectors of the Mechanical Insulation trade.
- Although not required Red Seal Certification an asset but must be willing to obtain Red Seal Certification.